ABOUT US: Our technicians are all “Timber Pest Accredited” and have extensive training in the detection of termites and use the latest technology available such as Thermal Imaging Cameras, Moisture Meters, Term-a-trac (Radar emitting device) and Borescopes.
During our inspections we will visually inspect all fences, grounds, trees and stumps up to 30 meters from the main building, All outbuildings and Exterior elements of the house will be visually inspected with all timber components being either sounded and examined, All accessible subfloor and substructure areas will be visually inspected and any timber elements such as piers and bottom plates sounded, all interior walls will be visually inspected and any timber elements sounded with all wet areas being checked for high moisture. All accessible roof voids and cavities will be visually inspected and any timber components will be sounded. All our reports will comment on the detection or non-detection of active termites, termite damage, fungal decay, borer activity and recommendations to reduce or prevent conducive conditions which favour termite attack.
Our inspections come with a written and photographic report and our findings and recommendations will help you make an informed decision necessary for when you are either BUYING A NEW HOME, SELLING YOUR EXISTING HOME, PURCHASING AN INVESTMENT PROPERTY or just wanting to PROTECT YOUR biggest asset, YOUR HOME.
All our inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standard AS 4349.3-2010 Inspection of buildings Part3: Timber pest inspections.
WE OFFER – PRE-PURCHASE TIMBER PEST INSPECTIONS, PRE-SALE TIMBER PEST INSPECTIONS, VISUAL TIMBER PEST INSPECTIONS, THERMAL IMAGING, INVASIVE & we can organise Building, Electrical & Pool (using independant Inspectors)
Thermal Imaging Camera
The camera is designed to detect surface temperature variations down to 0.5 of a degree. The Camera will display variations not normally seen in a visual Inspection like –
- Skeletal frame of the house behind the walls and ceiling
- Possible termite nest behind the wall
- Possible termite leads
- Variations in wall studs
- Show up heat sources behind walls
How it works – the benefits you receive when we use this tool
- Utilizing patented radar technology, the Termatrac T3i Device can locate and detect termites moving in unseen areas such as wall voids, cracks crevices, air pockets construction flaws etc
- The Termatrac T3i Device will detect movement activity through materials such as brick, wood stucco, concrete blocks, ceramics tiles, marble, terracotta tiles, mica, plastic veneer, vinyl and many other common building materials.
Benefit to you – to inspect an area inaccessible by other means.
Borescope Invasive Inspection involves –
- The drilling of 9mm holes into the wall cavity to allow a Borescope to be inserted.
- On completion of the inspection these holes will be plugged with plastic plugs.